Our team will analyze your assets and determine the fair market value (FMV). Upon completion of the analysis, we will provide a full appraisal report that includes:
- On-site inspector
- Analysis of assets
- Photographs of assets
- Factors affecting the value of appraised assets (identifying marks, condition, etc.)
- Legal correspondance
- Further research as needed
The reports are prepared in conformity with the requirements of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal practice of the Appraisal Foundation’s Appraisal Standards Board, the Code of Professionals Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice of Appraisal Institute.
Meet our appraiser:
WILLIAM J. SUMMS, SR.
C.A.I., AARE, GPPA, CES, BAS
William J. Summs, Sr., President and CEO of Atlantic Asset & Management Group, is an aggressive, experienced professional in the appraisal, auction and liquidation business. William has vested himself in the appraisal/auction industry and has successfully completed the highest level of the auction industries designation at the Certified Auctioneer Institute (CAI).
Since 1979, Mr. Summs has produced, orchestrated and conducted various types of asset recovery appraisals and auctions throughout Virginia. His activities have placed heavy emphasis on accelerated marketing events, working closely with private sellers, secured creditors, federal and state trustees and has established himself as an expert in asset appraisals and auction remarketing by the United States Bankruptcy Court , FDIC, United States Marshal Service, Drug Enforcement Agency, Homeland Security and the Internal Revenue Service.
Mr. Summs is a licensed auctioneer (VA-619, NC-4789, FL-5771407), independent automobile principal dealer (#6485) and a licensed yacht broker (#40657) in the State of Virginia. Mr. Summs successfully managed and operated a full service Vehicle Heavy Hauling, Private Property / Municipal Vehicle Towing, Recovery & Storage / Public Auto Auction from 1979 to 1998.
Mr. Summs has experience in appraisals of the following:
- Restaurant Equipment
- Heavy Equipment
- Retail Inventories and Equipment
- Retail Fixtures and Equipment
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment
- Heavy and Light Duty Trucks and Trailers
- Bankruptcies (Ch. 7 and 11)
- Office Furniture and Equipment
- Electronic Equipment
Serving special asset officers of the following:
- Monarch Bank
- SunTrust Bank
- Branch Banking & Trust (BB&T)
- Wells Fargo
- Towne Bank
- Bank of Hampton Roads
- Bank of America
- General Motors Acceptance Corp.
- General Electric Credit Corp.
- Deutsche Bank
- Banco Popular
Member of the following Associations:
- National Auctioneers Association
- The Virginia Auctioneers Association
- The North Carolina Auctioneers Association
- The Florida Auctioneers Association
- The Virginia Independent Automobile Dealers Association
- The Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce
- The Hampton Roads Commercial Real Estate Association
- National Independent Automobile Dealer Association
- Tennessee Auctioneers Association
Completed the following National Certifications:
- Auction Technology Specialist (ATS)
- Graduate Personal Property Appraiser (GPPA)
- Accredited Auctioneer Real Estate (AARE)
- Certified Estate Specialist (CES)
- Benefit Auction & Specialist (BAS)
- Certified Auctioneer Institute